The 10 most important words

My father-in-law gave me some advice many many years ago that has held me in good stead.
He told me if you work harder than the average person, then you will do well. After returning from the army, he took as his first job, a commission sales truck route. His assumption was that a route was designed to make an average salesman enough money to live on...so if he worked harder, applied himself more than average, then he could do better for his family.

And how would he do that? Through hard work, dedication, and the understanding that no-one was going to hand him anything on a silver platter; that he had to make his own opportunities. He summed it up to me in this way:

The 10 most important two-letter words in the English language are "If it is to be, it is up to me"

Wise man, that Jack Moore

Comments

Popular posts