steal shamelessly

When I first started working with social entrepreneurs , it took me a while to get out of my corporate skin... Many of them encourage that their business models get replicated, scaled by others. Many want their business models copied because they aren't looking for financial profit, but are looking for their social impact ideas to scale.

In the business world, we are taught that ideas that work are competitive advantage. While true, it's hard for that mindset not to trickle into our internal workings. Too often, we don't share the stuff that works for us. And too often we ignore others' great models, succumbing to the " not invented here" syndrome.

And yet we all know that replication is the sincerest form of flattery.

Look for good ideas to replicate within your organization. Be a multiplier.

My brother Tim recommended , when he read my New Year's resolution list, that I add one more:
"Be a pirate; steal good ideas shamelessly."

Totally

Comments

Popular posts