Good Service - we all own it

Great customer service is something that is rare these days. But when we experience it, it reminds us of the powerful impact it can have on us and our willingness to be loyal to a brand.

I've written before about about how when we start to take our customers for granted, when we start to do things like refer to our customers as accounts, that we go down this slippery slope of mediocrity.

When we see good customer service, there is no doubt that the corporation, and the employee we are engaging with, have our satisfaction as their top priority - they know that my latest experience is the one I will carry with me. And they know that when I have many of these experiences, that I will become a loyal customer, anticipating the excellent service I will receive.

I have had the privilege of staying at some of the best hotels in the world. And yet, when I go visit my sons in college, I stay at the La Quinta Inn. La Quinta is a modest hotel, but their service is excellent. Their frequent guest program is simple - a few hotel nights add up to free stays. They don't have a lot of frills, but as a frequent guest, I receive a cookie and a water upon check in. Its not much, but its a personal touch. Service is great, always a smile. The hotel is exceptionally clean and employees are empowered to solve any problem with satisfaction guaranteed.

Exceptional customer service is not difficult. Its about getting the basics right. The simple things that put a smile on the customer's face.

Comments

Popular posts