Sir Richard Branson Quotes

People First



  • “A company is people … employees want to know … am I being listened to or am I a cog in the wheel? People really need to feel wanted.”

  • “Having a personality of caring about people is important. You can’t be a good leader unless you generally like people. That is how you bring out the best in them.”

  • “I cannot remember a moment in my life when I have not felt the love of my family. We were a family that would have killed for each other – and we still are.”

  • “I know enough to know that no man is an island.”

  • “Respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress.”

  • “The companies that look after their people are the companies that do really well. I’m sure we’d like a few other attributes, but that would be the most important one.”


Purpose



  • “For a successful entrepreneur it can mean extreme wealth. But with extreme wealth comes extreme responsibility. And the responsibility for me is to invest in creating new businesses, create jobs, employ people, and to put money aside to tackle issues where we can make a difference.”

  • “I’ve had to create companies that I believe in 100%. These are companies I feel will make a genuine difference. Then I have to be willing to find the time myself to talk about them, promote them and market them. I don’t want to spend my life doing something that I’m not proud of.”

  • “Look, if you can indulge in your passion, life will be far more interesting than if you’re just working.  You’ll work harder at it, and you’ll know more about it. But first you must go out and educate yourself on whatever it is that you’ve decided to do – know more about kite-surfing than anyone else. That’s where the work comes in. But if you’re doing things you’re passionate about, that will come naturally.”

  • “People have to decide on priorities if they want to get anywhere.  The best lessons I learned was to just do it.”

  • “The important thing is that you’ve got a strong foundation before you start to try to save the world or help other people.”

  • “Well, I’m somebody who is just living …living life, and if I get frustrated by something, then I like to try to put it right.”


Sir Richard Charles Nicholas Branson (born 18 July 1950) is an English business magnate best known as the founder and chairman of virgin Group of more than 400 companies.

Comments

Popular posts