I'm not here to listen to a Thriller

You have 30 minutes to give me a presentation. You have worked on it god knows how long.
And while you are speaking, I am flipping ahead in your deck, trying to understand the key assumptions that underlie the points you are making.

Don't make me get out my calculator. If I pull out my calculator, you have failed, I'm not listening. I'm trying to figure something out and that means you didnt make it clear.

Don't make me try to figure out what your recomendation is. It's not a thriller where the ending is a surprise. I want to know upfront what you are telling me so that your prentation provides context and not a storyline with an exciting cliffhanger ending.

Tell me right away why you are here; what it is you are proposing. Front up with the key assumptions.

Don't leave me hanging. Tell me so i can listen, digest and understand.

Comments

Popular posts